Monday, August 1, 2011

Two weeks in

So it's been a busy busy two weeks. We got a lot done in Paris as far as paper work goes. Went the the American Embassy and going again today.

a walk in the park
Then left for the South of France mid week last week. Took a high speed train for the first time! First we went to Saint Etienne. Unfortunately for less joyful reasons of a funeral. Then we left for Cannes. In Cannes we went to the city hall to book our city hall ceremony appointment. Then we met up with the priest who will be conducting the religious ceremony. We opened a bank account for me and another one for us.

We also went to Aix en Provence to meet up with some friends of Germain's from Prepa. It was nice to meet all of them again. I think I've only met them once before for a dinner. The area was a little village. Classic French country side. Very cute.

Recognize this mountain??
Playing petanque
We also had our test lunch! We tasted all the options for the dinner. It was wonderful. Yummy yummy food. Beautiful location. Very nervous, but very excited. Not going to post pictures of that because it's a surprise!!!

We also found our photographer. He speaks perfect English! That's so good for me since I am more specific about the pictures. I can communicate with him!

We ate lots of yummy food and went to great little street markets in the South too! You know the French and food!
Yummy lamb dish

On our way back from the South we passed by some beautiful scenery on the train. It really is a beautiful place.

Last night we has a lovely picnic by the Eiffel tower with some of Germain's friends. Beautiful view. I don't think I believe it still sometimes. The Eiffel tower is something us Americans see on TV and maybe once or twice in our lives. Strange. Still hasn't hit me quite yet.

gorgeous view of the tower
the tower shining at night.
We left Cannes late Friday night for Paris. Germain started his internship today and I will start my French classes tomorrow. EEP! Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment