We met up with one of Germain's cousins last night for dinner and he took us to the restaurant at the Opera Garnier. It has been under renovation for a while now and just opened in July. It was a beautiful restaurant. Very contemporary. And the food was really good too!
 |
| upstairs of the restaurant. look at the view in the back! |
 |
| interesting windows. They're not flat against the opening of the building, but a curved piece of glass around it. |
|
I appreciated how they did not construct walls and pillars into the actual building. Instead, they built furniture and walls around the stone walls. We ate upstairs for the view, but the downstairs decor was nice too.
The actual building is lovely. We went to visit the opera the first time I came to Paris and its quite impressive. Of course, I would not want my house to be decorated like this, but its very detailed using a large variety of the finest materials. Check out the ceiling!
 |
| The ceiling of the restaurant |
And of course the food. It was reasonable, nothing over priced. Not cheap, but not exaggerated. They started us with a amuse bouche, which is like a tiny appetizer on the house. I'm not sure if it was standard for anyone who sits down and orders food, or is it because Germain's cousin ordered champagne to congratulate us. But nonetheless, it was yummy. Kinda looks like sushi. =P
 |
| the amuse bouche |
Germain took a slow cooked lamb and I had a flank with cauliflowers and herb wine sauce.
 |
| Germain's lamb |
 |
| my steak. the cauliflowers look like snowflakes. |
For dessert. They had many interesting choices. I was pretty full after my meal so Germain and I shared a peach dessert. It came with an interesting story, but I forgot =P
 |
| Peach dessert with a side of vanilla ice cream |
Very yummy.
We are still trying to find the opportunity to go to the opera and watch an opera. It would be very neat to go to the Opera Garnier and watch an opera like the people of that time did. But tickets are rare and get sold out quick!
Anyways. Hope you enjoy the food!
No comments:
Post a Comment