Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Milano (lots of pictures!)

Another update!

So last weekend was the last couple of days of the toussainte vacation. Luckily, Christmas vacation will be in another 6 weeks, so we don't have to wait too long =P

Since we had the time off, Germain and I took another road trip and made our way over to Milan, Italy. Neither of us have been there before, but it's a very famous place to visit. Unfortunately the weather was not great the whole weekend, but we still tried to make the most of it. Here's our visit told by pictures (events not neccessarily in chronological order):


THE DUOMO: This is the famous cathedral of Milan
Inside
I still really like ceilings and arches
Look the arch bishop!
Pretty candles
On our way up to the top of the Duomo. Impressive details

Still walking up!
view of the bell tower
On the roof
Very impressive. It was very cool.
By night
GALLERIA VITTORIO EMANUELE II: Pretty much a super fancy shopping center
Interesting archetecture
Glass ceilings
Pretty
By night
LA SCALA OPERA: The famous opera house of Milan. Wish we could have watched something here
No pictures in the theatre, this is the lobby
Statue of Leonardo da Vinci
CIMITERO MONUMENTALE: The monumental cemetary. It was eerie, but impressive
One of the tomb sites for a family.
Interesting sculpture
This one was like a little cave.
CASTELLO SFORZESCO: A 15th century castle which has now been converted into a museum
Can you imagine the work??!
The park behind the castle
Fall is so pretty
The castle in the background

And of course the food: 

We got lucky and the two dinners we had were really nice. I mean, it wasn't fancy fancy food, but just the restaurant itself. They were very family like restaurants. The pizza joint we went to offered us a glass of champagne as soon as we walked through the door and served us a panini like appetizer on the house before bringing us our pizzas. And the pizzas were good. Simple, but good, fresh ingredients. The second night we opted for a traditional set menu. Yet, they were very accommadating when I asked if I can have something else other than bolognese sauce. I dont' think he really understood, but when we said "pesto" he's like sure. I don't think there was anything on the menu with pesto, but you know....italian kitchen, they were able to wipe up a delicious pesto for me.

Yummy and cheap breakfast from McDonalds =P
Second night dinner: Appetizer
My pesto pasta
Milanese cutlet with fries
Tiramisu
And that was our trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment