The other day we had a deliciousss dinner. Nicolas (the best man from our wedding) is getting married this summer. We're not able to attend the wedding (since it's in the middle of the summer and we purchased our Miami tickets already) so we treated them for dinner when they were in town last weekend.
It was a trendy looking place in Le Marais that we found online. We had a set menu where we had no clue what we were receiving....it was completely up to the chef. The menu included an amuse-bouche, 2 appetizers, a fish entree, a meat entree and 2 desserts! None of them were very big so it ended up being a good amount of food.
 |
| The Amuse-Bouche: A small verrine of lentil soup with a slice of toasted bread |
This was pretty good. Well seasoned and not too heavy. "Amuse bouche" literally translates to amuse the mouth. So it is a small amount of food to trigger your senses and get your mouth ready for the meal.
 |
| Appetizer #1: Rabbit pate with mustard mousse, home baked bread and a slice of peach |
I'm a big fan of pate and things like that anyways.....So I definitely enjoyed this dish. The bread was surprising good and not as dry as I expected it to be. The mustard packed a little too much heat for me, but everyone else at the table licked the bowl clean. And the peach, it was probably my favoite part. I don't remember what it was marinated in....
 |
| Appetizer #2: Foie gras ravioli with mushroom foam, crispy noodles and alfalfa sprouts |
Mmmm this was yummy. As you know, I'm a huge fan of foie gras and mushrooms to begin with. The mushroom foam was not really foamy to me, but more like a soup with a layer of foam on top. It was delish! And the foie gras wrapped in a sheet of pasta was soft and silk which was perfectly balanced by the crunch of the crispy noodles and alfalfa sprouts.
 |
| Fish Entree: Salmon wrapped with bacon over a bed of cauliflowers and a pickled vegetables with a side of thai soup |
This was probably not my favorite dish of the night, but it was still good. The salmon was cooked to a perfect medium. There was a nutty flavor somewhere in the dish....couldn't really pinpoint it tho. The soup was like a curry soup. It was good, but nothing too special.
 |
| Meat Entree: Moussaka with a slice of deep fried rice cake and soy bean salad |
This was not your typical moussaka, but it was perfectly seasoned and I enjoyed it quite a bit. It took me a while to figure out what the fried slice was, you can't really tell that it's rice, but anything fried is good. =P
 |
| Dessert #1: Baked pear over Philadelphia cheesecake foam, Philadelphia cheesecake icecream over caramelized walnuts and a citrus sauce |
I really enjoyed the first two elements....especially the icecream. Cream cheese icecream....it works! However, I'm not a huge fan of citrus desserts (or even adding citrus to entrees, like fish) so I didn't enjoy the last element too much....too sour for me.
 |
| Dessert #2: Carrot meringue over a bed of rice pudding and a scope of citrus sorbet |
We had to crack the meringue globe before eating so all the different elements could be mixed together. I enjoyed the meringue, surprisingly. And with the rice pudding it worked. However, once again, when I reached the citrus sorbet, it was a little much for me. Still, if you like citrus, it was pretty good.
This place was definitely on the pricier end of a weekly meal out, but it really wasn't that bad! We booked the reservation on a website that gave us a discount so it was 20% off. And it was the early wedding gift to Nicolas and Frederique, so it was worth it (a present where we get to eat too!) We will probably have to treat ourselves to this again before leaving Paris!
No comments:
Post a Comment