Saturday, May 3, 2014

Spring Break 2014

Vacation... Ah...nice to have some relaxation time.

So for this vacation, we didn't plan a big trip, instead, I rested at home and figured out some lesson plans. But of course, we took some time to go out, whether it was to eat or to explore.

First, I've been craving Chinese food, so we went to an all-you-can-eat restaurant to eat our fill. It was a little expensive and the options were not plentiful, but the food was fresh and the environment was very calm and relaxing.
Little buddha chillin by the fountain
Also during my week of vacation, we took a visit to....i guess you can say it's a nature store. It sells predominately flowers and plants, but they also have some animals. We bought two plants for our balcony which are said to help keep away mosquitos.

He was thristy!
Aww...sleepyhead
I also had a little more time to make food! Of course, I forgot to take pictures of some of them (too hungry!) But here was dessert one night!

Apple Turnovers. Since I used store-bought puff pastry, I didn't have too many options on how to fold over the dough, so I tried two different options. What do you think?

This way allowed me to stuff more apples
This one had less apples, but looks more like a turnover.
And then there was our long walk. We drove about twenty minutes inland from Cannes. From there, we arrived in a cute little village where we started our hike up the mountain. Our destination were the remains of an old defense fort.....However, it was a bit disappointing. There wasn't much to see. Luckily, the hike up the mountain was pretty.

Pretty view
I think someone had fun arranging those rocks....so I added the top one ^_^
Pretty trail
Cute little wild flowers
So....that was vacation.....still not ready to go back on Monday =P But the year's almost over!

1 comment:

  1. Ha, I like the idea of random people adding to that stack of rocks. Imagine if you went back a year from now and it's like twice as tall!

    ReplyDelete